How to handle a tenant that has vacated where there is not enough funds to close a tenancy statement

Created by RevQore Support, Modified on Tue, 26 Mar 2024 at 12:19 PM by Ella Kitching

A tenant has vacated owing money that exceeds the deposit held. This will mean that the tenancy statement cannot be closed and remitted as money is owed. To deal with this will require the deposit to be moved to the tenancy rent statement and then allocated to money owed leaving a balance that represents a bad debt on the account.

Step 1

Add a transaction and use transaction type Deposit transfer to rent account. That will put the deposit amount on to  the tenancy statement


Step 2

Allocate the charge to the deposit credit created.


Was this article helpful?

That’s Great!

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry! We couldn't be helpful

Thank you for your feedback

Let us know how can we improve this article!

Select atleast one of the reasons
CAPTCHA verification is required.

Feedback sent

We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article